A divine, melt-in- your – mouth sliceable cheese.
1 cup of cashew
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of modified tapioca starch
1/4 cup of Coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoon of agar-agar powder
Place the cashew in filtered water in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Drain the Cashews. In the pitcher of the Vitamix, place the cashews, water, tapioca powder, coconut oil and agar agar.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Oil round spring form pan with coconut oil. ( I am using the small Cake- Form where at the end of refrigerating the cheese I can open the edges.)
- Transfer the cashew mix to a saucepan and heat on a medium-low, STIRRING CONTINUOUSLY, until it become thick and cheese-like in consistency.
- At this stage, you can spread this warm cheese on a toast, or you can fold the cheese into the prepared mold and set it aside to cool.
- Refrigerate the cheese over night.
- Transfer to a cutting board using a sharp knife.